Climate reading list
These are the climate readings that have been most influential as we’ve started Watershed. Please send us recommendations or feedback as you look through.
The problem statement
- Background on climate fundamentals
- On feedbacks and tipping points
The big good news: Clean energy generation is now the least expensive in many geographies. Only one piece of the puzzle but a very, very important piece.
- Core data
- Commentary on how this happened and how to replicate the success
- Case study of how this happened in the UK
- Video lecture on state of US transition
- Demand-matched clean power: How to move to 100% clean electricity given the diurnal and seasonal variation of solar and wind
Where do emissions come from?
- Project Drawdown: Table of Solutions (also an excellent book)
- Designing Climate Solutions: A Policy Guide for Low-Carbon Energy
- Bill Gates: How to Avoid Climate Disaster
- Speed & Scale: An Action Plan for Solving Our Climate Crisis Now (also a book by John Doerr)
Interesting opinion pieces
The role of corporations
- Bill McKibben: Money Is the Oxygen on Which the Fire of Global Warming Burns
- Larry Fink’s 2021 letter to CEOs
- NYTimes on corporate climate programs
- How to tell if net zero goals are serious
- A quick explainer about net zero from Grist